T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

New Classics Book Challenge

My foray into the New Classics Book Challenge has not been successful. In fact, I've only completed one book on my list, while I has said I would read 6 by the end of January. On the upside, those books are still on my list (in fact I am reading one now) and I plan to read the rest of the books on the list -- eventually.

In the meantime, however, I have read other good books (Middlesex and The Road) that I would highly recommend. Also, I got three books for Christmas that I haven't started yet and I am dying to read. So, have I failed the New Classics Challenge? I think not. Rather, I think it was a good jolt to get me back into books and good literature.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Jolts are good!

I hit a few duds in that New Classics Challenge . . . and discovered some wonderful books, too. My biggest surprise was 'Fun Home' - LOVED it. And, now I am also a new fan of Philip Roth.