T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Ratatouille

I am certain that almost every blog that talks about food has mentioned the film Ratatouille, so of course this will be no exception. little j and I went to see it this afternoon and it was so fun! I think, as is often the case, I enjoyed the movie more than little j, but she definitely had a good time. Already she loves to watch cooking shows, specifically Good Eats with Alton Brown, Rachel Ray's 30-minute Meals, and our family favorite Iron Chef. I think she likes to see how things get put together (she and I both!).

little j has become a good little chef. Not too long ago I wrote about her making dinner on her own, but she is really capable of making lots of things on her own with just a little help (i.e., mom reads the recipes). She understand measuring and how to correctly measure dry and liquid ingredients, and she is getting very proficient at cracking and beating eggs. The nice part is that she really wants to do it...sure there are days that I ask her and she says no, but on the days she says yes it is a lot of fun and a joy to see her learning how things come together.

No comments: