T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Monday, June 11, 2007

A Saturday Dinner

For various reasons I hadn't really planned to cook on Saturday night. However, I did end up cooking dinner and it turned out really good (despite the fact that little j turned up her nose at almost everything).

Saturday Evening Early Summer Patio Dinner:
Blueberry Mojitos
Bitter Greens with Salami
Grilled Seafood (scallops, shrimp, king crab)
with orange saffron aioli
Saffron Orzo
Afton Vineyards Sangiovese

It was a lovely dinner out on patio. Although I must admit there are times when I fix such a dinner that I wish little j was a bit more adventurous with food. But I suppose that is a lot to ask of a 4-year old. To her credit she did really like the saffron orzo. And it more than warmed my heart when she came back from a week away and asked for broccoli, green beans, carrots, and peas. I certainly don't have too much to complain about in the food department!

No comments: