T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Friday, June 15, 2007

an old friend is arriving today

June 12 brought the release of season three of Deadwood. Big J and I finished season two in early March and I've been missing the characters, storyline, and the tremendous dialogue of this fabulous series.

So, today I have the first disc of season three arriving. I can hardly wait! In fact perhaps I should cook an appropriate dinner tomorrow night to celebrate the viewing.

Hmmmm......let's see, steak with a coffee spice rub, grilled potatoes or spicy cowboy beans....nothing green because in all my time in South Dakota I saw zero green vegetables with the exception of iceberg lettuce. Perhaps iceberg wedges with blue cheese dressing. And follow that up with a warm berry cobbler. Now I'm getting hungry! It sounds like a plan, and one I know that Big J will love.

2 comments:

Wild Cayuse Creek said...

Yummy! Can we have Cowboy Cocktails too?

3 fresh mint leaves
Crushed ice
1/2 lime, juiced
1 shot tequila blanco
1 bottle beer (recommended: Corona)
Fresh mint sprig, for garnish

Place mint leaves in bottom of highball glass. Fill with crushed ice. Add lime juice, stir, then add the tequila and beer. Garnish with mint sprig.

That Girl said...

Sounds perfect!