T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Sunday, May 27, 2007

life is good

Late Friday afternoon I got my computer back. What a joy! Strangely, I didn't even turn it on until late Saturday afternoon. Of course, once I turned it on the only time it's been off is when I've gone to bed or been out of the house. It's so nice to have it back.

Friday evening we had grilled burgers. Now ordinarily hamburgers would be nothing to write about, but I read an article in the NYT about "the best burger." I must say that this was most definitely the best burger I have ever had and all I did was buy a top sirloin, cut it in chunks put it in the food processor for about 10 - 20 one second pulses. I seasoned it with salt and pepper and formed it into 6 oz. patties. I grilled them for four minutes per side (I could have gone with 3), and put them on toasted buns. Holy cow! These were amazing.

Then Saturday morning I took Big J and little j up to Dulles for their week-long trip to PDX. little j is staying with her grandparents for a few days, Big J has a meeting in Portland. I have a week at home alone. How great is that? Of course I predict that by tomorrow I will be missing them terribly. But I have a lot to do this week. I would like to make some major headway on my dissertation analysis.

No comments: