T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

pressure and sleep

This morning the cat woke me up at 4 wanting to go out, which in itself isn't a big deal, but I absolutely could not go back to sleep. So finally at 4:50 I got out of bed. My head was filled with thoughts of things I need to do, how to accomplish little projects I'm working on, and, of course, my dissertation.

I really didn't sleep well last night, I was restless and awake quite a bit and I have to wonder if it is because I am stressed about my dissertation. Once a month I attend a "dissertation support group" and our next meeting is a week from Wednesday. At the end of each meeting we say what we will have accomplished by the next meeting -- I'm not even close to completing what I said I would. Granted, I have been without my computer for two weeks, but I still feel anxious. The feeling is ridiculous really because it's just a group of my peers and we are there to support each other, but I still feel a sense of accountability and, in light of my non-accomplishment, failure.

No comments: