T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunday

In the past (that is, when I was little), Easter was about going to church, celebrating the fact that Jesus died for our sins, and coloring Easter eggs. Now things are a little different. It's mostly about coloring eggs and the search for said eggs and baskets. We don't go to church and we don't even talk about Jesus. It's another holiday that is made slightly more difficult because we don't celebrate it in a theistic manner.

I don't know what little j thinks; she hasn't said anything about it and neither have we at this point. But there is going to come a time when it is a topic of conversation. I expect it will be sooner than I think. But that is probably a good thing. I think the conversation is going to come about the same time as the discussion regarding the existence of the Easter bunny. And I'm pretty sure that's not too far off.

No comments: