T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Thursday, May 05, 2011

The Bittersweet End To the School Year

Clearly, although I didn't blog about it, my interview went well because I received a job offer late yesterday afternoon. Although I had a good feeling, I wasn't 100% sure, so it was a relief to the the email and know that there is some stability in my future!

This morning as I finished up my last class with the current cohort of students I was again reminded of the power of student experience and felt a twinge of bittersweet loss -- what Perry refers to as "the costs of growth." They are all ready to head off into the world and I am left behind to begin anew with the next cohort. They, undoubtedly, are excited, nervous, and, perhaps, a bit sad as they make their next move. A celebration is in order to mark the transition, honestly as much for me as for them.

I am incredibly proud of their growth and I look forward to following their careers as they head out into the world of higher education. I hope they will keep in touch, but also know they will be busy with their new lives that I have helped prepare them for but will not be part of.

No comments: