T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Saturday, March 19, 2011

You know when....

you're really busy that you don't even have time to read your favorite web sites? This has been my life for the past couple of weeks. I have been feeling super stressed about work, applying for my own job (long story), and just my life in general. I don't know why, it's really no different than any other day of my life.

One thing I realized a couple nights ago is that there is no downtime with the master's program I am running -- the cohort begins in June and graduates the following May, and then it starts all over again. Between getting my grades in for spring semester and starting to teach summer session I have a little less than a month. I don't want to sound like a big whiner, but it's exhausting. At least mentally. I think my longest break will actually come after the second summer class I teach and fall semester, and even that is only a month and I have plenty to keep me occupied in the month.

So here's the think about my job -- since I was originally hired without a search they need to do a search for my position, and, of course, I am applying for it. But it's sort of awkward, right? I mean, I'm applying for the position that I already have. I sort of panicked a bit this morning when my program director, who is writing a letter for me, said that he was going to come observe one of my classes. Super! Not that I have anything to worry, but I could also totally tank.

Perhaps I have things to stress about. Perhaps not. so much. But I am feeling stressed regardless.

2 comments:

Picaro said...

As Aristotle said, "The Quality of Life is decided by its activities".
I thought the Professors have it easy (cause I am a student) but it seems quite the opposite.

But because we are so busy, it proves that our life's quality is very good. Though we may have a little less time, at least we are living life fully!

Unknown said...

But because we are so busy, it proves that our life's quality is very good. Though we may have a little less time, at least we are living life fully!