T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Friday, March 04, 2011

Friday Random Thoughts

This morning The Chronicle had an article about the "exam dream," in which one dreams they have a test they hadn't studied for. I was relieved to find, from the comments, that I am not the only PhD that still has those dreams, or dreams about teaching.

I feel incredibly tense lately.

My office organization has gotten pretty sloppy. I began this job keeping up with all the paperwork, filing, etc. Now, I have a few piles here and there and little motivation or time to deal with it.

I think I need a work vacation -- that is, a vacation where I actually devote major amounts of time solely on work. That could be followed by a real vacation.

It is interesting that my bookcases at work are actually filling up with books. I have a couple shelves devoted for other things, but I'm often amazed by the number of books I actually have, and have read. This, by the way, should not be taken as an indicator of intelligence. There's still so much more to learn.

No comments: