T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Random Thoughts for a Weekend

It's Saturday, the end of a particularly long week. I have a lot on my mind this weekend.

In the last couple of weeks my development class has been talking about racial and ethnic identity. It has been one of the toughest classes to teach I have ever experienced. There is a range of understanding of the concepts of oppression and privilege, from complete understanding to none at all.

This week we talk about gender and sexual orientation identity. If race was difficult, well....I think I'll need a couple glasses of wine after class.

little j has been out of school with strep throat all week. But this morning she woke up and was raring to go. But of course.

Big J and I started watching Lost on Netflix. Why didn't I watch this show when it was on? Actually, I'm kind of glad I didn't because now I can watch several episodes at once. Awesome.

No comments: