T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday Random Thoughts

Well, my thoughts may not be so random because they all have to do with my OLW - Courage.

I signed up for the Shenandoah Valley Sprint Triathlon this week. It is June 5. It is 4 months away. I'm terrified I won't be ready.

I road the bike this week for half and hour and went 6 miles. The tri is 14 miles. I have a ways to go.

I swam laps (and I use that phrase loosely) this morning. It was the first time in over a year that I've done lap swimming. It was harder than I remembered. Also, I forgot that I don't like (actually, hate) to put my face in the water -- I have to get past that in the next five months.

I started to knit my first pair of socks. But I'm going slow because 1) double-pointed needles aren't that easy to use, and 2) I'm nervous about the heel. That nervousness is actually preventing me from knitting as much as I could. I know, what's the worse that can happen? I'll have to pull out stitches and start again. No one will care. But I don't want to fail.

I realized today that in order to reach my weight goal I have to do some sort of exercise at least 6 days a week.

I applied for a job yesterday -- why does that come so easily and things like knitting and swimming not? If I don't get the job, I'll be okay with it. If I can't turn a heel or swim 400 meters I'll feel like a failure. That's just f#$*ed up!

No comments: