T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Monday, January 03, 2011

One Little Word

There are three amazing women that I know from my years in Oregon and they happen to be sisters and they all keep blogs. And all three have selected One Little Word for the year: Strong, Embrace, and Perseverance. One thing that strikes me about their words is how fitting they are for each of them.

It is such a great idea to choose a word rather than make resolutions. It's something that you can apply to every aspect of life and think about on a daily basis. So here's my One Little Word: Courage.

As I think about my life there are very few times that I take risks. I really don't like to put myself in situations in which there is a chance of failure. And I worry about what other people think about me. So this year, I want to have the courage to take risks and put myself into situations that may be uncomfortable. I want to have the courage to do things that I might not do perfectly and be okay with that.

So there it is my friends: Courage!

2 comments:

Amanda Villagómez said...

I am glad that you chose One Little Word. I love the word courage too! Here's to taking chances...

Sherri said...

Love it! I remember you, from our work days, as an inspiring mentor with a hefty amount of courage! So, maybe this year is about tapping into that part of you that was so fearless at work too...

We have some great words!
Sherri