T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday Political Dish

I'm going to use my Sunday space to talk not directly about politics, but to mention a movie that I highly recommend.

Last night Big J and I watched Bobby, the story of the assasination of Robert F. Kennedy written and directed by Emilio Estevez. Unfortunately the movie was panned by critics, but I think that it is an important movie that deserved better.

Certainly there are big names in the movie, but it is the footage and words of Kennedy that resonate. As the movie began, Big J made the comment that 1968 was not so different from today in terms of the political environment. I tend to agree.

In the last moments of the movie the voice over is of Kennedy's speech "On the Mindless Menace of Violence." I strongly encourage you to read this speech and think about what it means for America today.

No comments: