T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday Random Thoughts

I've been thinking about cookies that my great-grandmother always used to have at her house: marshmallow covered with pink coconut. They aren't snowballs, and I don't know what they are called, but I haven't seen them in a really long time.

Speaking of marshmallows, if you haven't made homemade marshmallows you are totally missing out. They are super easy and quite possible one of the best tasting sweet treats you can make yourself. In fact, I think homemade marshmallows would be most excellent for roasting.

The weird thing is, I'm not a big marshmallow fan.

It is chilly and rainy today -- I love it.

Shout out to Oregon State! Go Beavers! (In case you hadn't heard they stunned USC last night. WOOHOO!)

Big J & I attended a political house party last night for Tom Perriello -- he's running for the 5th district congressional seat to unseat Virgil Goode. Mr. Perriello was at the party and spoke and took questions. There is no doubt in my mind that this is one smart man who would serve us well in Washington.

I'm looking forward to the debate tonight, should it take place.

Overall, life is good.

No comments: