T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

As if phone interviews weren't stressful enough

I have my first interview for a faculty position on Thursday afternoon. It is a phone interview. First of all, I think phone interviews are incredibly difficult because you can't see the non-verbal reactions. Second of all, I have no idea what to expect. I talked with my advisor a bit last night and she gave me some suggestions and we are meeting tomorrow to go over a few things. I've looked at the program website and I feel like I have a good handle on the program. But honestly, I am more nervous than I was before my defense because I just am so clueless about what I will be asked, and how I should answer! In my true geeky nature, I checked out several books on teaching at the college level. And then as I was looking at the syllabi from the program today I was thinking about all the reading I should probably do over the summer. Eeek!

No comments: