T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Thursday, February 28, 2008

No More Words

I'm done. And when I say done, what I mean is that I am so fucking sick and tired of this dissertation that I want to a) throw myself out of a moving car; b) drink, drink, drink, and then drink some more; and/or c) cry. Well, maybe not "a" so much as "b" and "c." But you get the drift. Actually if I chose "a" then I wouldn't have to finish and I'd probably get an extension because I'd be in the hospital -- but that really wouldn't be good for anyone and they, whoever they are, would make me go to therapy. Ha! Like I haven't done that before.

Okay, I'm rambling. I admit it. But I seriously just want this to be finished and at this point it's not even the fun writing stuff. It's the tedious cleaning up, fixing comma splices and changing words and adding words and taking out words. And then to top it off I get a letter in the mail about all the steps you have to take to turn in your dissertation which includes having it copied on a specific type of paper and making sure that it is in the correct style. Which to my way of thinking the correct style is APA, but I've seen dissertations from our school that are not APA and not consistent with any other style out there except perhaps one that these people have invented themselves. Probably because, like me, they were too tired to give a shit.

Okay....that's my rant for the evening. Back to work.

1 comment:

Wild Cayuse Creek said...

Okay, you could totally do Option A, provided the car wasn't moving very much. I mean, just to say you did it.

Do you need a surrogate? Because I'd undertake Option B or C for you. I'm actually quite good at Option C. Well, I'm good at Option B, too, but that's another story.