T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Talk About Grumpy!

In case you couldn't guess, the title refers to me in my last post. I don't think that I mentioned that I was having a really, really hard time scheduling my defense date (i.e., faculty members weren't playing nice with each other or me). But as of yesterday at about 4 p.m. I have a potential time and day. So I am much happier. Additionally my dissertation wife Ms. A and I went to the library Thursday night and didn't do one speck of work. That's right. We bitched and gossiped and laughed and bemoaned the sorry state of our graduate lives. And then Friday I got the very pleasant surprise of spending the entire day with Big J because his office was being worked on so he had to work elsewhere. We went to a coffee place, out to lunch, and then to another coffee place. What a treat.

So this afternoon I am back in the library and it is bliss because it is spring break and the library is virtually empty. The only negatives are: 15 minutes after I settled in the fire alarm went off and I had to pack up and spend 15 minutes outside in the windy coldness; and the library is only open from 1 - 6....as if graduate students (and dissertating people in particular) get spring break off!

And I just have to say a quick thank you to all of you who support and identify with my Cheetos addiction. It's so nice to know that I am not alone!

No comments: