T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Friday, August 24, 2007

August in C'ville

I had forgotten exactly what August in C'ville entails. People have this image of the Pacific Northwest in the winter as cloudy and depressing...nothing could be more depressing than days like yesterday and (again!) today in C'ville. Glancing out the window it looks like a cool, rainy, overcast day. There isn't a hint of sun breaking through. But when you step outside you are overwhelmed by the blast of heat and humidity. This Oregon girl just doesn't get it!

This is my fourth August here and you would think that I would know what to expect when I walked out the door, but I continue to insist that I need to bring a sweater and be prepared for a chilly day. It's frustrating and, quite frankly, pretty darn depressing. I want August to be bright and sunny. I want the mornings to have just a hint of chill. I want to have to take a sweater with me when I go out in the evenings (and not because the air conditioning is too cold!).

In short, it's August in the South and I am missing the West.

No comments: