T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

coming home

It feels so good to be home. Big J cleaned the house before I arrived, which is always the perfect "welcome home." I'm adjusting to the time change and little j is home sick.

The weather is blessedly mild. I was worried that after ten days in the Bay Area I would have a hard time adjusting to the heat and humidity of the South, but fortunately today's high is predicted to be about 73. Of course by the weekend it will be back up in the 90's. At least I have some time to adjust!

Summer seems like a great time to be away from home . . . unless you're a gardener. There are some plants that still look great -- sweet potato vine, million bells, creeping charlie, impatiens. But the majority of my garden looks pretty darn sad. Would it have looked any better had I been here? It's hard to say, but it looks like I have some work ahead of me to clean out and perk up. Today would be a perfect day to get started, but, after peeking into the fridge, a trip to the store and a nap are much higher on the agenda!

No comments: