T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Saturday, August 25, 2007

date night and an epiphany

Last night Big J and I had our first date night in about 3 months. It was so nice to go out together and have time to talk. This summer has been a lot busier than we thought and time just slipped by without a date. We went to Enoteca an Italian wine bar on the downtown mall and then walked over to C&O for a quiet and lovely dinner out on the terrace. (I didn't even know they had a terrace!) We had good wine, great food, and really good conversation. The only glitch in the evening was the white peach marscapone cheesecake. The description made it sound divine, but in reality it was pretty sad. But it wasn't enough to mar an otherwise perfect evening.

While we were talking, and we have some pretty random conversations, I came up with the hypothesis that gay men are, in fact, the most highly evolved of the human species. Now, bare with me because I haven't thought this completely through and keep in mind that at the time of this epiphany I had a glass of prosecco, two glasses of red wine, and was finishing off a brandy. But here's my thought: women, who are surely more highly evolved than heterosexual men, love gay men. Gay men are, by stereotype, caring, considerate, not interested in a sexual relationship with female friends, and, above all, good friends. They don't stab you in the back like other women, and they're not always thinking about how to get you in bed like straight men.

Well, that's about as far as I got with this whole idea. But I think it has merit. Of course I'm not really going to pursue this...there's not an article or anything on the horizon, so those of you looking for a research project, have at it. But I do think it's an interesting thought.

No comments: