T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Friday, May 04, 2007

domestic Friday

Sometimes I have mocha Fridays, today was domestic Friday. I think I like mocha Fridays better. When I got up I sort of looked forward to the tasks ahead -- laundry, some grocery shopping, packing and freezing meat, baking cookies, cleaning the fridge. But it really just makes me tired. I think because I'm really not using my brain in the same way I am used to on a daily basis. Now, I don't want anyone who is a homemaker to take offense, because I think the work can be very satisfying and is definitely worthwhile, it's just not for me.

I think it would be very interesting to know if there are different people use their brains and if that affects their choice of career. Not too long ago there was an article in the NYT about women who are graduating from Ivy League institutions who fully intend to be stay-at-home mothers. There are certainly many arguments for and against that choice. I'm not quite sure how I feel about that. All women should have the opportunity to choose their life path, but part of me wonders . . .

No comments: