T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Friday, April 13, 2007

a glimpse into insanity

Yesterday I had a brief glimpse of what my life would be like were I to be committed. For some reason I have decided that coloring is a good way to relax. However, I can't just pick up a random coloring book and crayons. I only enjoy coloring detail oriented pictures, and most especially geometric designs, and I prefer to use colored pencils. Now, if that weren't odd enough the problem, and yes I consider it a problem, is once I start I can't stop. I absolutely must finish whatever it is I am coloring before moving on to the next activity. Is this a bit OCD? Why yes, I believe it is.

Coloring aside, it's the necessity of geometric shapes that bother me. I really consider myself to be very open and unstructured. After all, I am doing a qualitative dissertation. But I don't like to color wide open spaces, and I really like to color things that are symmetrical. Actually, I don't just like to color them, in life I prefer symmetry. Sudoku is symmetrical, and I love sudoku. Why am I so bothered by that preference?

So if ever I am committed and you come to visit please bring me the following items: Law and Order DVDs, colored pencils, pencil sharpener (assuming those are allowed), and books of geometric shapes and sudoku. Apparently with just these few items I can be perfectly content.

No comments: