T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Okay -- It's not too bad

So today was my second day of teaching. I need to work on my time management skills in discussions. But honestly, the level of discourse in the class was amazing for day 2 with 24+ new graduate students. Of course this ramps up my expectations for discourse in the future.

I have an interesting mix of students, which I really like. I've found that I've come to enjoy having athletes, or former athletes, in my classes. They bring a lot with them in terms of experiences and understanding of higher education. Also, I've found that athletes are hard workers, and I really admire their dedication within the classroom.

All said, I think I would give this class an A at this point. Good news. They are making life easy for me!

No comments: