T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Friday, December 24, 2010

Friday Random Thoughts - Christmas Eve Edition


This week has just flown by. I haven't even had time to post about our DC trip. After Christmas for sure!

We've made cookies, marshmallows, and popcorn cake. And today I made pumpkin and apple pie.

Big J made the traditional family (his family) cheese ball.

Right now Big J and I are sitting in front of the fire with the Christmas tree on waiting for little j to fall asleep so we can putout the presents. This is the most relaxed we've been all day.

There's little I like more than having a sleeping cat curled up next to me.

Last night I had a dream that classes were starting and I didn't have my syllabus done. Gah! Could I just catch a break for at least a few days.

And now I must roll out our traditional Christmas morning cinnamon rolls. Yum! The perfect Christmas morning: cinnamon rolls, local handmade sausage, pears, orange juice.

Of course we will all enjoy several Tom and Jerrys. Because what's Christmas morning without a little whiskey and brandy! (little j's will be made without the whiskey and brandy, of course!)

(photo: National Christmas Tree with White House in the background)

No comments: