T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Noisy Neighbors

Seriously, I am pretty darn tolerant of noise, but when it sounds like the local dance club next door that's sort of an issue. I'm not talking about my next door neighbor at home, I'm talking about my office at work. And this is not a grad student, but a tenured full professor.

Somehow I always end up with the noisy neighbors. In college my roommates and I lived next door to a woman who had sex at the same time every afternoon (2 pm). We would come upstairs after watching As the World Turns (RIP) and she and her boyfriend would start up. Because her bed was on the other side of one of the closets in our room we could open up the closet door and it would be amplified. Fun stuff. When confronted, she just smiled and said something along the lines of, "I know, isn't it great?" Yeah....not so much.

Don't get me wrong, I don't demand silent neighbors. On the contrary, I like know that things are going on around me. But there's a limit to what anyone can take, especially when they are grading papers, prepping for class, writing, or trying to nap.

1 comment:

Mackey said...

I love that I know who your referencing as your "college roommate"! The world is too small.