T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Monday, August 24, 2009

Hello Professor!

I've heard that phrase several times today -- the first day that students and faculty are back for the fall semester. Wow! It's kind of a jolt to the system. There are days that it feels like I am a professor, there are other days that I don't. Of course, having an office helps. And it also helps that there has bee significant turnover in the administration of the ed school since I graduated, so there aren't as many people who knew me as a grad student.

One thing I have noticed, which is huge: I don't have days where I sit an wonder exactly what I am supposed to be doing. I don't worry that people will find out that I don't know what I'm talking about. Rather, I feel confident in my job and my ability to do my job. That says a lot about the choice that I have made. Or, it says something about my maturity level. Or perhaps my education level. Or maybe all three.

Whatever the case: The Doctor is most definitely in!

1 comment:

Sally HP said...

Congratulations! So exciting!