T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

When You Love Your Work

My first year working in admissions I remember about halfway through the year I told my boss that I couldn't believe that I actually got paid for something that I really loved. I should have known then that I was destined to be in student affairs for life. I just remember feeling so lucky that I got to meet with students and parents, talk about the institution that I loved, and help students get to college.

Tonight I had my first social activity with the new cohort of student affairs master's students and I was reminded of that feeling. Now instead of helping students get to college, I get to teach and mentor grad students who want to work with undergraduates. Awesome! And, oh yeah, they actually pay me to do this!

No comments: