T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Little Rant

I don't usually talk about my work life on this blog, but I'm making an exception. So in the last 3 to 4 weeks I've been working crazy hours to finish some data analysis. I've essentially taught myself SEM and a whole new statistical program, I've learned how to interpret the pages and pages of output, and how to write up the analysis. I get paid to work 24 hours a week, and I would say in the last few weeks I've been working an average of 45. And perhaps I should mention that I did this virtually on my own.

The paper that I am working on this for is due on Monday, and today I was asked why I analyzed the data in a specific way, with the implication that I had done it wrong. But there was no acknowledgment that I hadn't been given any guidance, and, in fact, had been given an initial model that was wrong. Nor was there acknowledgment that every time I'd presented the model there was no mention of the mistake. There was no mention of the mistake early in the week when I sent the results. No mention until 8 p.m. today. Really? Am I to assume that you think I have no weekend plans?

Pissed? Oh yeah.

1 comment:

Sally HP said...

Ohhh. I'm sorry. Rant away, that's ridiculous!