T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Monday, March 02, 2009

A Day on My Own

Normally, I would kill for a day on my own. A day to do whatever I want. To spend the day looking at the internet or watching movies or reading. And that's exactly what I had today. I got to the airport for my 6 a.m. flight home just a little before 5 a.m. and as I walked through the door I was overwhelmed by the enormous line at the Delta counter. Sure enough, due to the crappy, unseasonable weather, my flight was canceled.

Big J, ever the travel agent, called up my travel on-line and I had been rebooked for the next day at noon to get home at 9 at night. Oh good lord! So I stayed in line for 2 1/2 hours and got the last seat on the red eye to get home at 10 a.m. instead.

It's been an interesting day. I talked to Big J fairly often. The hospital called me to schedule a little procedure for next week. A and I exchange many emails and played lexulous (on-line scrabble) I watched some SNL skits on Hulu (an awesome invention, just as Alec Baldwin promised). I watched Appaloosa -- a movie I highly recommend for those who enjoy westerns, Ed Harris, and Viggo Mortinsen. I had crappy lunch at the airport TGI Friday's and a pretty not too bad dinner at a little place called Perry's near my gate. I read a little and thought about my research. I read a lot of news. I watched people. I bought little j a gift. I even nodded off once for about 10 minutes.

So all in all, I guess I can't complain too much about my day. It could have been a lot worse. I did find an outlet to plug in my computer, and charge up my phone. I kept myself entertained. Has it been an inconvenience? Of course. Was I pissed when I first got to the airport? Hell ya. (Because obviously they knew that the flight was canceld way before I arrived...couldn't they pick up the phone and made a call?) But being angry or frustrated would have made the day worse, so I just went with it. And although I will be exhausted tomorrow, I know that life could be much worse.

Wow...am I way to optimistic and happy?

No comments: