T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Friday Random Thoughts -- Saturday Edition

I am at a conference and yesterday was very busy -- here are my random thoughts, a day late but still random.

I just finished reading Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides. I mistakenly thought that it was on my book challenge list. It wasn't; and what's more, it's' not even on the full list of 100 best reads from 1983 to 2008. How can that be? In any case -- it was amazing! As I got close to the end I found myself reading slower and slower, just because I didn't want it to end. I highly recommend this book.

Last night the people next door were having VERY LOUD sex. Like, loud enough to wake me up. I know it's a hotel, but come on.

My new favorite word: douchenozzle.

My presentation went really well yesterday -- [insert big name in development field here] "loved" my paper. WOW! I am flattered, honored, and so validated. And [insert second big name here] said I was doing "cutting edge research." Those two comments are enough to keep me going for the next couple of years.

I've been able to see one of my best friends, Sherri, every day since I've been at the conference. It's like we haven't been apart. Last night at dinner I laughed harder than I laughed in a long time. I love it!

And to my dear friend...you know who you are...I am thinking about you every day, I am worried. Please email me!

No comments: