T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

I'm Quirky

Is it odd that on my iGoogle home page I have a psychoanalysis gadget? And that I love it? And that whenever a new quote comes up that I find particularly pithy I insist on reading it aloud to Big J while urging him to comment on how true the statement is? And that it has prompted me to think about reading the works of Freud, Jung, etc. After all, I've already read Erikson, so it naturally follows . . . I think in a past life, or perhaps in a future one, I would be a psychoanalyst. Human nature fascinates me and the chance to study human nature would be amazing. I want to know what makes people tick, why they think the way they do, and how that thinking changes and develops over time.

I've been thinking a lot lately about moral development and Mrs. V's recent post about Liberty Mutual's Responsibility Project has got me thinking about moral development issues based on class. I think it is something I would like to explore in some future research. Clearly I need to do a lit scan to see what is out there, but with the dearth of research on college students and class status in general, I tend to think that there might not be too much in this particular area.

I'll add it to my list of potential research topics.

(Yes, I realize that this post seems disjointed, but like the subject line says, I'm quirky! And I also realize the irony of the fact that I have a picture of Freud in a post titled, "I'm Quirky," no seriously, I do.)

No comments: