T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Friday, June 27, 2008

Friday Random Thoughts

I sometimes get what I like to refer to as "intellectual crushes." My latest are on fictional characters: Gregory House and Robert Goren. Intellect: It's sexy as hell.

I still haven't decided what to do with all the articles, papers, etc. from grad school and the dissertation. I'm having a hard time thinking about letting them go.

I finally got the patio and garden looking the way we like and it is way too hot to be outside and enjoy it.

If I didn't know any better I would think that little j was 15 instead of 5.

Nancy Drew is as plucky as I remember. But I totally forgot how un-PC the books are. Of course the first one was written in the 1930s, so times were different. It's an interesting look back in time.

When I see little j's toys (dolls and stuffed animals) in awkward positions, I sometimes straighten them up because I worry that they are uncomfortable.

At the library the other day I realized that I have no interest in reading books about family relationships, mother-daughter relationships in particular.

No comments: