T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Monday, May 12, 2008

The Job Hunter

The transition from student to worker can be a little strange. I'm in that in between stage where I don't have a job, yet I am not really a student. I don't know how to classify myself when asked. Am I unemployed? Am I employed part-time since I am still working for my advisor? It feels a little strange because I have never been in the position of needing to look for a job. I've always had a job unless I didn't want one at the time.

I've had one phone interview and I have another on Friday. I have two applications to get out this week. As I've told Big J, I'm starting to get a little nervous about finding a job. On the other hand, I don't want a job just to get a job. I certainly haven't spent the last five years working my ass off to take the first job that comes along just for a paycheck. Then again, as Big J will certainly attest, we need that paycheck! I generally have faith that something will come along. I hope that faith isn't misplaced.

No comments: