T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Friday, April 25, 2008

Oh, to be five again

Yesterday little j's class went on a field trip to Ash Lawn Highland, the home of James Monroe. It sounds like she had a great time. She and I went out to dinner last night and we talked about her trip.

About halfway through our conversation little j got up from her seat and walked over to me and whispered, "There was a beehive up Monroe's bottom."

Okay......What?!!!

Apparently, and it took some conversation to understand this, there was a small beehive (I'm assuming it was actually a wasps nest) on the statue under Monroe's coat. But it made me wish I was five and I could tell someone to, "Take the beehive out of your butt!"

Update: Teacher Confirmation received. Indeed there was a beehive under Monroe's coat. There is a gap between the coat and his rear and apparently bees have found it to be a cozy place. The other interesting thing is that the kids didn't discover that on their own, the tour guide actually pointed it out. Wouldn't Monroe be proud!

No comments: