T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Need A Quick Read?

Big J came home from his trip to Arizona a couple weeks ago and brought with him Caught Stealing by Charlie Huston. The next day Big J had an appointment to get his eyes checked and asked me to go with him so he wouldn't have to drive with his eyes dilated. Long story short: I forgot my book, he brought his and while he was in with the doctor I devoured this book. I caught up to where he stopped and just kept going. I couldn't put it down and finished it within two days. Yes, it's an easy read, but it's also pretty darn good.

One caveat: if you are bothered by violence or swearing this book is not for you. If, however, you enjoy good characters; funny, sharp dialogue; and baseball then I highly recommend it. Well, you don't really have to enjoy baseball, but there is a thread of baseball that runs through the story -- it's the stitches that keep the cover on, if you will.

No comments: