T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Friday, March 21, 2008

It's Spring

Last fall I wrote about loving the coming of fall weather -- the slight chill in the air in the mornings and evenings and the smell of the changing season. I feel the same way about spring. The days are beginning to warm up, but the mornings and evenings are still cool. The earth is beginning to warm and you can smell the dirt and the first flowers. Buds are popping through dirt and early flowing trees are covered with color. And the birds! Some people are bothered by morning bird songs, not me. I love the first sounds of bird chips as the sun is just beginning to come up.

I've noticed a major difference in bird songs between the East and West coasts. In the East there is a greater variety and much, much louder. It's one thing that I've really enjoyed being here. Seeing new birds and finding familiar birds. Our resident cardinal pair has been fun and we have a woodpecker that regularly decides to try out our house siding to see if food is available.

Ahhhhh.......spring.

No comments: