T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

well, if you insist

Apparently women are more likely to keep their resolutions if they share them with others. I've said that I don't make New Year's resolutions, but who am I kidding. I think that we all do in some form whether we refer to them as resolutions, goals, plans, etc. So here's what I'd like to accomplish in the next year:

  • Defend my dissertation and graduate
  • Find a job
  • Lose a little grad school weight
  • Make a regular gym time at least 3 days a week (this should help with the above)
I think these are doable. While I could certainly say things like "be more organized" or "watch less television" those just aren't in my nature. After all I'm not, by nature, an organized person, and American Idol starts this month as well as new episodes of the original Law and Order. I don't want to set myself up for failure.

This list also does not include plans I have for food and cooking: eat more locally and seasonally. Because that really isn't particularly specific -- what do I mean by "more" exactly? I have no idea. I think that is just more of a lifestyle thing and we are doing it more and more, and we are definitely more conscious of where our food comes from than we were this time last year.

So friends, there it is. My four resolutions. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: