T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Nearing the end of 2007

It's amazing to think that it is almost 2008. As I said a year ago, I don't subscribe to New Year's Resolutions, but I do take stock in the past year and what I have (or haven't) accomplished.

It's certainly no secret that I had hoped to have my dissertation completed, but clearly that didn't happen. On the other hand, for the most part I feel good about my progress and know that I am in a good position to finish up within the next two months.

I am mostly able to gauge the passing time by looking at little j. I can't believe how she has changed in the past year. She seems like such a big girl in so many ways, but there are still moments that we see glimpses of the little girl. Big J said the change sort of makes him sad. There's part of me that understands, but I also am excited to see her growth and change. She really wants to read and do other big girl things. I don't want her to grow up too fast. But it seems harder and harder to keep her away from big kid things.

Big J and I don't really talk about resolutions. He's not that big on making them either. But I think it is natural to think about the new year and the possibilities and changes that could occur. There are days that I wish I could see into the future. What will we be doing this time next year? Where will we be living? And, more importantly, what kind of job will I have? It's a bit scary and exciting all at once. Regardless, I know all three of us are looking forward to the adventure.

No comments: