T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Monday, January 14, 2008

"That sounds just like you!"

These were the words of Big J after I told him my latest food adventure. This morning after I got back from the gym I was contemplating my breakfast options. I've been making my own yogurt and I knew that I only had one left so I knew that I needed that to make more yogurt today. Yogurt, then, was out.

As I was looking I wished that I had an Odwalla Vanilla Al'mondo. Then I decided that I could probably make it if I knew what was in it. A quick internet search gave me the ingredients, the bulk of which I had on hand with the exception of oat milk. So I put a banana, soy milk, ground almonds and a bit of vanilla in the blender. Not bad. The almonds were a little gritty, but other than that I was pretty happy.

Then I thought I could make almond paste or almond butter. Easy enough because I had plenty of almonds. But I also had to run to little j's school to drop off her sleep toy, so on the way I stopped by the health food store to see if they had oat milk. No such luck. But they did have almond milk.

So tomorrow I am making my own Vanilla Al'mondo with the following recipe:

1/2 c soy milk
1/2 c almond milk
2 Tbs. almond butter
1 banana
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Put all ingredients into blender and mix.

I'll let you know how it turns out!

No comments: