T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Friday, November 23, 2007

The day after Thanksgiving

Dinner last night was great, and it was so nice to be able to share it with good friends. The end of the evening, however, was not so great. little j wanted to take a bath with the LostNyer's daughter miss p so Big J came home to get her pjs (we live just around the corner). When he walked in the house he immediately knew something wasn't right. Our poor Jake, who hasn't been feeling well, had a major accident in the house. Big J came back with the jammies and then left me there to take care of little j while he came home to clean up.

Today we took Jake back to the vet. It doesn't look good: loss of muscle mass, not eating, swollen face, colitis. With a nearly eleven year old dog it is hard to decide how to proceed. We had an abdominal x-ray done and it showed some major gas in his intestines. So he is now taking 5 1/2 pills twice a day. You know things are bad when the vet says, "I just don't have a good feeling about this." Poor guy. I feel incredibly sad for him. He has been pretty lethargic the last couple of days, but will wag his tail occasionally. The medication he is on should help him feel better, but I have to wonder for how long.

1 comment:

Mackey said...

This makes me so sad. I remember quite clearly when you and J first got Jake. He was just a pup at my first Ambassador retreat, and had quickly become one of my favorite labs by the time I began my house sitting adventures (winka winka). Give him a squeeze for me.

Oh, and please one day, answer your phone. I miss you!