T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

A bit of nostalgia

I flew into Louisville today for a conference and checked into my hotel. I ordered room service, set up my wireless, and turned on Law and Order. It's a bit of nostalgia for my former professional life and a bit of guilty pleasure.

I called home and Big J and little j had just walked in the house to a variety of issues, not the least of which was a little surprise left by the dog (bad doggy!). When I called a bit later, after I settled into my room, they had just finished dinner and Big J was busy with house stuff, little j was coloring, and the cat had two fleas. I am feeling just a little guilty about not being there to help out. But on the other hand, I've survived worse with Big J away from home (e.g., little j home with the flu for 3 days in a row). I'm sure Big J will make it a few days without me.

I'm looking forward to the conference. Although I more excited to see my good friend who is in a mid-west grad program. It's been over a year since we've seen each other and we have a lot to catch up on. And it will be a bit like old times since we used to travel together often. Sadly, when we talked about going out for drinks we agreed that we would probably be incredible lightweights, a far cry from our crazy admissions days!

No comments: