T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Sunday, August 19, 2007

strange dreams

Over the last few nights I've been having some very strange dreams. Actually, I think the strange dreams have been a constant since I've been away from home. But things from accidentally buying a new computer (how does that happen?) to dating Dr. House (from House, M.D. -- not Hugh Laurie, but his character). Do strange dreams result in less restful sleep?

Have you ever had a dream where you knew it was a dream and you could sense that it was slipping away because you were waking up and you tried to make the dream continue and even tried to control the direction of the dream? I tried to do that with the House dream because it was so crazy...in the dream I was actually thinking, "How did this happen?" And I was so intrigued that I wanted it to continue to see where it was going to go . . . would we have sex? would we get married? No idea. I woke up, the dream ended and I just couldn't get it back.

I think the whole concept of lucid dreaming is an interesting one. I have consciously tried to have lucid dreams, but it is incredibly difficult. I think my mind is much more interested in getting rest!

Have you had lucid dreams? Do tell!

No comments: