T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Thoughts on Reading

I feel like I have been a terrible reader the last six months.  I was looking at my Goodreads list (151 to-read books), my nightstand, the kitchen table, my desks at home and work -- all places I have books scattered about in various stages of reading.  I haven't completely finished a book since the summer.  In some ways I feel guilty.  I just haven't made a concerted effort to read except for the things I read for my classes, research, or general work interest.  I suppose I shouldn't feel guilty because the things I read are interesting and important.  But on the other hand, I'm missing out on great books that I want to read for me.

This is my spring break and I am truly trying to take some time away from the office.  I thought, perhaps, I would take some of that time to read, but then I decided to re-do little j's room.  And then she had a snow day yesterday (and I had a migraine) so the first day didn't turn out like I expected (in several ways -- 6 inches of snow on the first day of spring break?  WTF?).

Back to reading -- So many books!  Perhaps I need to tear myself away from L&O long enough to do some reading.

1 comment:

Amanda Villagómez said...

I hope that you get to read some great books (or one)! I bet little j is excited about her room.