T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Sunday, September 18, 2011

What I've Learned

It's getting a bit easier having Big J away during the week.  little j and I are finding our rhythm and we are able to spend good time with Big J when he is home on the weekends.  The plus is that he is usually home on Thursday night, so he has some down time (sort of) and we get him for three days!

little j has adjusted better than I anticipated.  I think that is partly because she is so crazy busy during the week.  I think it's also been good for the two of us.  We really have to work to make things easy for each other. 

The other thing that is clear is that I am starting to take more responsibility for the house.  When we first moved and I started grad school Big J pretty much took over all the house stuff.  Now that he is gone most of the week I feel more responsibility for making sure everything stays clean and picked up.  Of course it helped that last week Big J and I did a major cleaning to get ready for a meeting I was having at the house. 

The only thing left is to pick up the slack on the bills.  I was remembering that before I started grad school I actually was mostly responsible for paying the bills and keeping up the checkbook.  I don't really miss it, but It would be a lot easier on Big J if I were to be more involved.

So, all in all, it is, in the words of a good friend, pretty not too bad.  We're making it work.

No comments: