T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

I've been sort of in a funk today because I keep thinking about calling my grandfather and wishing him a happy father's day. Of course there's no way to call where ever he may be, or not be, however you wish to look at it. So I get thrown off. And it's not like this is the first father's day he's been gone; it's been four years so you think I would have it figured out by now. I don't know what the deal is.

I think Big J has had a relatively good day. It's been pretty low-key and he got to explore the new Whole Foods with little j this morning while I did the weekly shopping. As usual, they bought things that I would never add to my cart (a whole coconut, for example). But they had fun, and that's what counts. Currently the Js are at Kung Fu Panda 2. It's more like time off for me!

This past week NPR did a story on "music my father loved." It was a good story. And then Ms. A followed that up with her blog post -- I could relate since we spent so much time together growing up. But I realized that I have no idea what music Grandpa liked. I don't know that he really liked music in general. I do remember dancing with him in the living room on Saturday nights. But that's about it.

It comes down to this: I miss my grandpa terribly. And I love seeing little j with Big J -- she is definitely 'daddy's girl.'

No comments: