T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I Don't Need to Justify My Television Viewing, But . . .

little j and I are nearing the end of two weeks without Big J. Last night I was at the end of my rope when Big J calmly pointed out that 10 days is pretty much the breaking point. So true. But it didn't make me feel any better. It was a combination of little j's incessant whining and an issue with my post-doc (which I was supposedly done with two weeks ago!).

In any case, I went to bed early, just laid there and watched three episodes from the House marathon on USA. As I was watching something occurred to me: House likes to watch television. A lot. And the harder his case, the more TV he watches. I can relate.

The last two weeks have been an abyss of work issues and work. I finally have a pseudo office, but I'm not really happy about it. I still haven't finished my syllabus. I have a lot of work to do to prepare for my courses next fall. I have data to finish analyzing. I have part of an article to write and another full article to write.

That's a lot of stuff. My mind is about to explode with things I need to do, sentences I need to write, activities I need to design. Television helps. And, if it's good enough for Dr. House, it's good enough for this this doctor.

No comments: