T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I don't know why

but I am feeling particularly surly today. It's been a day of ups and downs:

Ups:

  • I concluded therapy for a while and I feel really good about that.
  • I got really great feedback from my fellow post0docs about my structural equation modeling.
  • I had a great lunch (leftover salmon on a bed of arugula topped with some Green Goddess dressing).
  • I realized that I see statistics in equations in my head (good and weird).
  • Today is "free cone day" at Ben & Jerry's.
  • There's a thunderstorm moving through with awesomely loud thunder.

Downs:
  • Feeling like I have a lot to do at work in the next few weeks without a lot of support.
  • Other people are following through with their stuff, so it makes it hard to follow through with mine.
  • I really, really need (and want) to get back to structural equation modeling, but still don't have the program in the lab.
  • I had busy dreams last night about yard work for my Grandmother and making cupcakes for an event at little j's school.
  • I struggled to find plastic container lids for my lunch today. I really hate the whole lid search.

(Interestingly, most of the downs are to do with work...but there are ups with work too...what does this mean?)

No comments: