T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Friday, April 03, 2009

Friday Random Thoughts

I've got my reading mojo back! I finally want to read and have been finishing books. Woohoo.

Last night I picked up Five Quarters of the Orange thinking that it would be a good spring read. Yeah, I read the first page and then remembered that I have already read it, like 5 years ago.

So I moved on to The Wordy Shipmates by Sarah Vowell. Good choice! (Don't worry Ms. A, I'll be done before we start our book!)

I'm getting totally excited about my new job. Just seven weeks until I begin!

In the meantime, I have lots of work to finish up in my post-doc.

Surprisingly, I really like Lawrence Fishburn on CSI. I also like Jeremy Sisto and Anthony Anderson as the detectives on L&O.

We are getting a new grill the weekend. I can't wait!

little j's field trip today was canceled because of rain. I would not want to be around 50 disappointed kindergartners all day. Kudos to their teachers.

Last night we went to the engineering fair at little j's school, she was totally in her element. It was sort of strange to see her so independent. Sad and proud at the same time.

No comments: