T h Corny A T G amIr R L

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

The End is Near!

I never would wish job loss on anyone, but part of me is doing a little happy dance over the impending bankruptcy of Crocs. Really, they don't have anyone but themselves to blame, because when you produce ugly shoes, no matter how supposedly comfortable, the life of your company will be short.

The saddest part: the founders are rich, the workers are out of jobs and probably will be given boxes of Crocs as severance. Seriously, after manufacturing that hideous footwear for 8 years then being booted (Croc-ed?) out on the street who would want to see those "antifungal clown clogs" ever again?

For those of you that despise Crocs as much as I, take a gander and this fun site: I Hate Crocs Dot Com. Their hate mail is hysterical! As is the burning Croc video.

(Disclosure: Big J owns a pair of Croc flip-flops, they aren't so bad and he really likes them. But his wearing enjoyment of them is not enough to persuade me. Besides, lots of other companies make flip-flops that are just as comfortable.)

3 comments:

Sally HP said...

Ohhhh...I've bought Crocs for Henry both summers...he loves them! :(

Hyperreflexia said...

I love my crocs and the kids love theirs too...they are ugly as birks.

I heard that ugly is the new "trendy."

Sherri said...

AAAAAAAAAA! I. hate. crocs.
So long ugly shoe!